Muse is the first tool in the world that can give you accurate, real-time feedback on what’s happening in your brain while you meditate. It provides motivational challenges and rewards to encourage you to meditate regularly.
Muse makes meditation easy
Muse: the brain sensing headband will elevate your meditation experience. It gently guides your meditation through changing sounds of weather based on the real-time state of your brain. This allows you to obtain a deeper sense of focus and motivates you to build a highly rewarding practice. Meditation has been scientifically shown to reduce symptoms associated with stress, depression and anxiety as well as improve focus, performance and quality of life.
- Learn the essentials of focussed attention meditation
- Soundscapes include Beach, Rainforest, Desert and others*
- Milestones and rewards to keep you motivated
- Create multiple accounts and share with family and friends
- End of session results and graphs help measure progress
- Exercises contributed by meditation experts to help you learn
*Soundscapes vary across Apple and Android devices
What is Muse
- Muse is your personal meditation assistant
- Muse is extremely accessible. It is wireless (Bluetooth), lightweight, flexible, adjustable, and easily worn with less than one minute of set-up.
- Sometimes your mind is calm and sometimes it's active. Muse will guide you to a calm mind
- Put on the Muse headband, put on your earbuds, start the app, and close your eyes. Immerse yourself within the sounds of a beach or rainforest.
- While you meditate, Muse measures whether your mind is calm or active, and translates that data into weathers sounds.
- When you're calm, you'll hear peaceful weather sounds. When your mind wanders, the weather will intensify, guiding you back to a calm state.
- After each session, review your data, set goals, and build a deeply rewarding meditation practice that gets better every time.
Why Meditate with Muse?
Muse is the first tool in the world that gives you accurate, real-time feedback on what’s happening in your brain when you meditate.
Improve your meditation practice in as little as 3 minutes a day – any time, anywhere.
Personalized tracking, motivational challenges and rewards encourage you to build a more regular and effective practice.
Experience all the benefits of meditation – such as relaxation, improved mood and reduced stress – with none of the uncertainty.
- Experience the benefits of meditation—with none of the uncertainty—in as little as 3 minutes a day
- Single headband can be paired with multiple devices
- Tracks individual and all sessions, calm percentage score, points, milestones and challenges
- Data views help you track your progress over time
- 7 sensors and 5 hours of continuous battery life
- MicroUSB port (cable included) and LED indicator
Muse is a brain sensing headband that makes meditation easier. Meditation has been proven to reduce stress and increase focus, but it can be hard to know if you’re doing it right. Muse provides you with real-time audio feedback on what’s happening in your brain when you meditate, letting you know when your mind wanders and teaching you to regain focus. Think of Muse as your personal guide to meditation as you journey toward a calmer and more present self. While you meditate, Muse measures whether your mind is calm or active, and translates that data into weather sounds. When you’re calm, you’ll hear peaceful weather sounds. When your mind wanders, the weather will intensify, guiding you back to a calm state. After each session, review your data, set goals, and build a deeply rewarding meditation practice that gets better every time.
An Introduction to Muse - Watch Muse co-founder Ariel Garten give a demonstration of how Muse works and what a meditation experience with Muse is like
Step 1. Connect to the App
Begin by connecting Muse to the app on your mobile device via Bluetooth. You only need to do this once. Once paired, Muse will automatically try to link to the last device it connected to.
Step 2. Take the Tutorial
The first time you use Muse, you’ll be led through a simple tutorial that teaches you how to adjust the headband for a good fit and to ensure it’s reading your brain signals correctly.
Step 3. Calibrate
Your brain is different every day. To calibrate itself before each session, Muse will take a snapshot of your brain in a natural state. Muse uses this snapshot as a reference to understand your brain signals
Step 4. Meditate
Muse gives you feedback about your meditation in real time by translating your brain signals into the sounds of wind. When your mind is calm and settled, you hear calm and settled winds. When your mind is active the winds will pick up and blow.
See Your Results, Track Your Progress and Achieve Your Goals!
After each session, you’ll see how you did through a series of graphs and charts. Track your progress over time and earn points to unlock new features. Muse will show you how your brain did from moment to moment through simple, easy to understand graphs and charts. View your whole session at once, find out the amount of time you remained calm during a session and get helpful tips on how to improve future scores.
Your results are saved in a private account. Use the Muse app to follow your progress over time and learn new things about your own mind. To help keep you motivated and improving, Muse also gives you points, goals, challenges and bonuses to strive for. With every session you earn points, and can adjust your goal to fit your needs.
Muse is based on focused attention-based training exercises, which have been shown to produce many benefits over time. The final step of the process is noticing the differences in your daily life. Enjoy greater composure and focus through regular sessions with Muse.
1. Muse motivates you to change your brain
Muse is the first tool in the world that can give you accurate, real-time feedback on what’s happening in your brain while you meditate.
It provides motivational challenges and rewards to encourage you to build a regular practice.
2. Muse improves how you respond to stress
In the short-term, meditation has been shown to trigger the natural relaxation response – a state of deep rest that changes the physiological and emotional responses to stress.
Your metabolism decreases and your heartbeat slows. The muscles relax, breathing becomes slower, and your blood pressure decreases.
3. Extended use can have amazing and lasting results
Meditation has been scientifically shown to reduce symptoms associated with stress, depression and anxiety.
Research has documented other benefits, like increased grey matter density, reduced thinning of the prefrontal cortex, decreasing amygdala activity (associated with stress response), and increased resilience – basically, an overall beneficial change of the brain’s structure and function.
4. Muse is designed to help you form the habit
Research has shown using an app and starting with 3-5 minutes can dramatically help you build a meditation practice.
Muse starts you with 3 minute sessions and rewards you for your achievements, making sure it’s easy and motivating to train with Muse.
5. Safe, Trusted, Certified
Muse: the brain sensing headband is a brain fitness tool that measures brain signals much like a heart rate monitor senses your heartbeat.
Muse’s 7 finely calibrated sensors – 2 on the forehead, 2 behind the ears plus 3 reference sensors – detect and measure the activity of your brain.
Muse has been tested and certified in accordance with Canadian, USA and European regulatory standards.
The measurements Muse takes are harmless to people and only provide information about your general state. Brain sensing has been used in hospitals and research institutions for over a century to study various aspects of the brain’s function.
Muse is used in hospitals, clinics, and universities worldwide as a research tool. The research domains extend from cognitive neuroscience, to brain health, psychotherapy, music cognition, and more. Institutions currently using Muse in research include Harvard, Stanford, MIT, Mayo Clinic, NYU, McMaster University, University of Toronto, University College London, and many others.
6. Muse Sensors and Fit
Muse is beautiful, comfortable and easy to fit while providing a strong reading for your brainwaves for accurate feedback.
When you pair Muse with the app, you are taken through a brief tutorial to ensure best fit.
Couldn't be happier!