Apex Type A tDCS Device
The ApeX Type A 18 Volt Ultimate Bundle for tDCS is a great choice for someone looking for an affordable tDCS device. It has great features, excellent design and comes assembled and ready to use, including a set of ElectroSquare electrodes, electrode connecting cables (4 ft/1.2 meter banana to banana cables) and 2 high quality terrycloth electrode positioning headbands.
Apex Type A 18V Ultimate Bundle - Device Features
- Built-in Analog Precision Meter - High-quality analog meter built into the unit allows for instantaneous readings on the level of stimulation. Without a meter built-in, a tDCS user would have no way of knowing if the device is outputting the desired amount of electrical current required for a proper tDCS session. We at ApeX Electronics cannot stress this enough; a high-quality meter is A MUST HAVE FEATURE for any tDCS device. We test and calibrate the meters extensively prior to shipping. The customized color coded meter tag allows for an easy “safety check” on the device while operating it during sessions. As long as the needle is in the green area, the device is operating within is specified range.
- Progressive Adjustment Dial - The Progressive Adjustment Dial helps users control the rate of stimulation in a natural almost organic way, This is one of the main advantages of using a fully analog device like the ApeX Type A 18 V Edition. Because the user can control the rate of stimulation manually and there are no digital steps between lower and higher levels, the user can adjust how fast or slow the rate of stimulation will increase or decrease.
- Heavy Duty Banana Plug Connectors - Banana plug connectors are very easy to use, heavy duty and present in many different types of electronic products when reliabile signal quality is required. No wonder audiophiles, who are notoriously picky about wires and connectors, use banana plugs exclusively to connect expensive speakers. The Type A 18 V edition allows you to connect a pair of ElectroSquare Electrodes directly into these two color-coded ports. And, if desired, the posts unscrew to reveal a second connector on the shaft of the post that can be used with wire leads (if multiple anode/cathode configuration is desired by the customer) keeping with the ApeX Type A tradition of offering an option for multiple electrode connections.
- Ergonomic Design - The Apex Type A 18 V tDCS Device is compact, very portable, and fits in your hands in a very comfortable way. All controls are easily accessible and are placed in specific positions to allow for easy operation.
- Dual 9-Volt Battery System - Dual 9-volt battery system simplifies the design, adds more power to the unit and makes it handle variables such as poor saline quality, skin or hair products interfering with conductivity much better than a 9-volt or 12-volt system would. The battery compartments in the back of the unit also simplify battery installation considerably.
ElectroSquare tDCS Electrodes
- Revolutionary mechanical fastening system. No weld spots; insert a banana plug directly into the electrode easily and reliably. System is more rust resistant than any other tDCS electrode.
- Hypoallergenic silicone shell. Eliminates the possibility of adverse skin reactions and it is much more durable than latex.
- Dishwasher safe materials. Easy to clean and disinfect to avoid unpleasant odors from unchecked bacterial growth.
- Notched corners design allows for easy access to internal components
- 3" X 3" inches / 7.62 X 7.62 centimeters. Ideal size for tDCS stimulation
- Premium carbon rubber electrode insert that is highly conducitve and does not corrode like metal.
Disclaimer: This product is not a medical device. This product does not claim to diagnose, assist, treat, improve, cure, or prevent any medical condition or ailment whatsoever.
Apex Type A tDCS Device Is as easy to use as I imagined. Cons: the voltage knob is not working optimal, because you have to turn it almost to max before anything happens, and fine adjustment becomes increasingly difficult close to 2mV. Another thing worth mentioning is that often during the treatment the headband starts to slip off.
Apex Type A tDCS Device
This is my first device and my first experience with TDCS in general. I was skeptical, then I tried a depression montage for 20 minutes at half the rated output that this puts out (mine was the 4mA version.) About 5 minutes into the session, I noticed I had acquired a smile. This persisted throughout the session and lasted for about 15 minutes afterwards. I didn't expect much so this really exceeded my expectations. Highly recommended, I love the analog gauge and ramping the output to max does definitely tingle.
It does what it says . It is definitely better than the CES type simulators. As long as you don't expect miracles it is worth the money
Everything works fine, just like it said, only issue I would say is the anode gets easily corroded by the saltwater, definitely buy lots of extra wires.