The Caputron Universal tDCS Strap is the best tDCS strap on the market. Featuring a built in ruler, this tDCS strap gives the user the capability to set up montages with the same precision and reproducibility used in clinical tDCS trials. This tDCS strap is compatible with all electrodes and sponges.
Caputron Universal Strap for tDCS
Neuromodulation techniques like tDCS are only as good as the head-gear you use.The Caputron Universal Strap was developed by Caputron engineers to address a broad need for simple tDCS head-gear capable of reliably positioning sponge electrodes on the head with the same accuracy as the headstraps used in clinical trials. The Caputron Universal tDCS Strap allows for simple and reliable positioning of any combination of sponge electrodes, like those used for tDCS, in any position on the head. In contrast to a cap, the Universal Strap allows you to see where the electrodes are positioned and to fix saline levels without needing to remove the pads or the strap. Our headstrap is easy to set up and provides excellent electrode contact quality. For best results use the Caputron Universal Strap, your one stop solution for all tDCS montages!
How to Use
The Caputron Universal Strap is extremely simple to use and adjustable in size.
1. Push or pull the rivets to loosen or tighten the straps respectively.
2. Place the long strap against your forehead and secure the strap on your head by attaching the velcro strap either under your chin or along the back side of your head.
3. Move the short strap and place it along the top of your head.
4. Strap size may be adjusted by first removing the strap from the rivets. This is done by streching the material over the rivet. Next place the rivet through the desired hole that best fits to your head.
Electrode Placement System Explained
The Caputron Universal Strap is used to easily reproduce some of the most common tDCS montages. Using the Caputron Universal Strap in combination with the 10-20 EEG system, users are able to match the precision and reproducibility in electrode placement achieved by researchers and clinicians.
The 10-20 EEG system is an internationally recognized method of sectionalizing the scalp. This method is done by assigning a lobe letter, F (Frontal), P (Parietal), T (Temporal), C (Central), or O (Occipital) in combination with a hemisphere number, even for right hemisphere and odd for left hemishphere. For example, F7 stand for Frontal 7 located in the left hemisphere. This system provides a standardized method of comparing electrode positioning between subjects.
- To measure your EEG markers for tDCS electrode placement - Follow these steps
- Measure the distance from the nasion, the depressed area located just above the bridge of the nose, to the inion, identified by the noticable buldge on the back of the skull.
- Mark the halfway point between these points.
- Measure the distance from the tragus to the tragus.
- The interesction of these points is the vertex of your skull, known as Cz.
- Use these mearuements map electrode placement in respect to the standardized EEG mapping.
10-20 EEG System Map for tDCS
tDCS Mapping Explainer Video
Need to Return Your Purchase? It's Easy - Caputron Offers 90 Day Hassle Free Returns
Our return policy is simple. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase from Caputron you can return your item(s) within 90 days of purchase. If 90 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
(Returned devices must be in a new undamaged condition.) Merchandise returned damaged may not qualify for a refund.
Opened or used accessories such as electrodes, gel, saline, or other consumables are not eligible for a refund.
Packages are generally dispatched within 1-3 days after receipt of payment, though some exceptions may apply, and are shipped via UPS, DHL and USPS with tracking (when applicable) and drop-off without signature. If you prefer delivery by a different method, please contact us. Delivery with signature is available for an additional fee.
Once your order is shipped you will receive an email or sms message when applicabale (additional carrier rates may apply) with any tracking information available -- you can check order status by logging into your account.
International Customers Please Note: Any additional fees required by customs will be the responsibility of the buyer. We cannot control customs processing times in international countries. It is not uncommon for USPS First Class/Flat Rate parcels, or packages of any type, to get caught up in customs for weeks at a time. We highly recommend using UPS or DHL for international orders as they provide faster customs processing times and accurate tracking updates. We are not responsible for any added time due to customs. We will not be liable for, nor will any adjustment, refund, or credit of any kind be given as a result of any delay, misdelivery, or non-delivery. Items returned to us that were deemed undeliverable and are not damaged in any way are subject to partial refund for the cost of the merchandise minus the cost of shipping. At the discretion of both Caputron and the buyer, redelivery may be attempted for additional shipping costs determined prior to reshipment.
* When offered, free shipping is eligible only for the contiguous United States and does not apply to items that need to be shipped freight or for certain research items.
I received my Caputron order and have to say I am very very happy. Fast efficient service, high quality products and easy website to use! I’ll be suing Caputron for all my tDCS needs in the future!
Works as described, helps with reliable montage placements.
Makes much easier to position the electrodes!
Caputron Universal Strap - tDCS Headstrap