Neurostim tES device is a compact battery powered stimulator that can be connected to your PC via USB. Neuorstim is intended for both therapeutic and research use, with a study mode for double blind sham stimulation. Neurostim can store up to 250 sessions and provides continuous monitoring of electrode impedance.
Neurostim Device Features:
- Maximum stimulus current: 5 mA
- Session duration: from 15 s to 40 min
- Secure administrator mode to set up sessions
- tDCS (transcranial direct current stimulation)
- tDCS-Sham (transcranial direct current stimulation + sham)
- tACS (transcranial alternating current stimulation)
- tRNS (transcranial random noise stimulation)
- tPNS (transcranual pulsed stimulation)
- Stand-alone - set stimulation paramters directly from the device screen
- USB-controlled (stimulation by specified protocol; creation and editing of stimulation protocols)
- Stimulus Type:
- Operation Modes:
- Electrical stimulator channels: 1 Anode and 1 Cathode (Unipolar DC - Bipolad AC)
- Adjustable stimulus current of 0 up to 5 mA with 25 μA increment
- Adjustable stimulation duration of 15 sec to 40 min with 5 sec increment
- Storage - 250 stimulation sessions
- 16 bit D/A convserion Sampling rate:
- tDCS - 500 Hz
- tACS - 33 kHz
- tRNS - 10 kHz
- tPCS - 10 kHz
- Power supply:
- 9 V battery of 6LR61 or HR22 type or rechargeable ba eries (up to 3 hours)
- USB of +5 V (galvanically isolated up to 4000 V)
Neurostim is intended for noninvasive transcranial electrical stimulation (tES) of brain structures with a low current of up to 5 mA. The current generates the electrical field, changing the brain cortex excitability. Such brain activity is used to study the functional state of the cortex including the cortical excitation/inhibition mechanisms. tES studies are being conducted on the therapeutic effect of different disorders including fibromylagia, major depressive episode, addiction/craving, lower limb neuropathic pain and recovery of motor functions after stroke and brain injuries.
This device can be used both in inpatient and outpatient conditions, in research purposes and also by patient without medical staff assistance. The electronic unit is intended to generate the electrical pulses of specified waveform, duration and repetition rate. The pulses are delivered to a patient via stimulating electrodes positioned at patient’s head according to the required technique. The stimulator can operate in autonomous mode and powered from batteries or can be controlled via USB and powered via USB port.
The user-friendly interface, preset protocols and functionality allow performing a treatment both in outpatient and inpatient environments. The device's ease-of-use ensures the outpatient treatment in just 3 steps. Before the start of the sessions the tDCS specialist should customize the treatment course and specify the list of the stmulation sessions (up to 250). These treatment sessions can be performed at home. Each time the patient switches on the stimulator, Neurostim offers automatically to run the preset stimulation session scheduled for the particular day.
All-around versatility, flexible settings, customization of sessions with the device and PC ensure the maximum research needs.